Movement is central to life and health.
Your movement is infinitely adaptable. The brain does a wonderful job of creating the perfect pattern of muscle activation to respond to any situation.
Your brain devises brilliant movement schema:
- using just the right amount of twisting strength to wring out a sponge
- exerting utmost accuracy when threading a needle
- unleashing joyous freedom when cutting loose on the dance floor
- stabilizing the left leg strongly when you kick a soccer ball with the right, or
- delicately pressing with your lips to share a kiss.
The quality of your movement matters. And movement quality begins with body awareness, breath, and proper postural support.
These elements of movement are more fundamental than fitness.
You can’t just superimpose exercise from the outside. With a poor pattern of movement, exercise can lead to muscle strain or joint degeneration. That’s the risk of following along with an exercise video. Instead, you have to build in body awareness, develop proper support for posture, and learn to switch off unnecessary muscle activation.
That’s the path I take with you in our work together.
Then, building on an internalized understanding of good posture and pattern of body use, you’ll also learn the specific rehab exercises that will most quickly help you heal from an injury and restore full function. And I’ll make sure you’re doing them correctly.