A regular meditation practice is one sure way to boost your health and improve other aspects of your life, too. Meditation releases helpful hormones that promote body restoration. It helps you manage pain and trains you to focus your mind and deal better with stress. There are several meditation approaches that are all effective. Here’s s simple one that I use:
- Find a comfortable sitting posture. (You can try cross-legged on the floor or on a cushion, but sitting in a chair works fine, too.)
- Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- You have a choice between closing your eyes or keeping them open. There are pluses and minuses to either choice. So don’t worry about it. Pick one.
- Be attentive to your breathing. Don’t try to control your breathing, just notice it.
- When you get distracted, simply return your attention to your breath. Don’t judge yourself if you drift off – it’s guaranteed that you will!
That’s it. Practice daily.