Functional Diagnostic Medicine
Too many people suffer from serious, complex, ongoing health problems. And the allopathic medical system, despite its wealth of technical brilliance, too often falls short. To illustrate what I mean, here are ten randomly-selected examples of diseases and their prevalence in the US:
- Coronary artery disease: 18 million people in US
- Cancer: 1.8 million new cases in the US every year
- Endometriosis: 1 – 2 % of all women of reproductive age
- Alzheimer’s dementia: More than 6 million people in the US
- Hashimoto thyroiditis, the most common cause of low thyroid: 10% – 12% of the overall population
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1 – 1.5 million in the US
- Crohn’s disease: Half a million people in the US
- Irritable bowel syndrome: 11% of the population
- Migraine: 12% of the US
- Type 2 diabetes: 30 million Americans
As these statistics reflect, the United States does a poor job of promoting the health of its citizens. In part, this is because the fundamental focus of our health care delivery, the allopathic medical system, is based on an out-of-date, limited scientific model.
You, or someone in your family, may have one of the health challenges listed above, or something else not even on this list. You need a more comprehensive way to find the cause of your problem.
That’s why I’ve spent the last eight years deep in the study of a new model of health: functional diagnostic medicine.
The functional diagnostic medical approach looks at these diseases through a different lens. The concern is with the underlying imbalances that throw your health off in the first place. Here are some of the themes that are commonly found:
- imbalance of gut microorganisms
- exposure to toxins
- hidden pathogens
- hormone imbalance
- sleep disturbance
- nutrient deficiency
- impaired liver detoxification
- inefficient digestion
- structural imbalance
- subtle food sensitivities
- neurotransmitter imbalance
- poor stress reaction
With a functional diagnostic medicine approach, you can discover which of these imbalances is blocking you from achieving better health, and begin a program that specifically strengthens your weak areas. That’s the best foundation for better health.